Is there an end to a black hole?
“Hawking said a black hole doesn’t last forever,” Finkbeiner said. Hawking calculated that the radiation would cause a black hole to lose energy, shrink and disappear, as described in his 1976 paper published (opens in new tab) in Physical Review D.
How will the universe end?
The Big Freeze. Astronomers once thought the universe could collapse in a Big Crunch. Now most agree it will end with a Big Freeze. If the expanding universe could not combat the collective inward pull of gravity, it would die in a Big Crunch, like the Big Bang played in reverse.
Can black holes sustain life?
Theorists say it’s technically possible, but it would be a weird place to live. Supermassive black holes have a reputation for consuming everything in their path, from gas clouds to entire solar systems.
- Is there an end to a black hole?
- How will the universe end?
- Can black holes sustain life?
- Are black holes cold or hot?
- Are we living in black hole?
- Can a black hole be destroyed?
- What would happen if a black hole made its way into our solar system?
- Can a black hole act as a Sun?
- Could a black hole work as a Sun?
- Does a black hole make sound?
- What can escape a black hole?
- What is the closest black hole to Earth?
- Who discovered Earth?
- Can Earth become a black hole?
- How far away is 1 light-year?
- Is the universe the biggest?
- How far can we see in space?
- How fast can we travel in space?
- How long is 1 hour in space?
- Can humans survive light-speed?