Why don’t we generate electricity with magnets? The amount of current a generator produces, depends mostly on at least three things: 1) how many loops of wire in the coil, 2) how fast the coil is spun and 3) how strong the magnetic field is. Earth’s magnetic field is very weak, so you would get very little current from your generator.
Can a magnet produce electricity forever? If you removed all magnets, yes, then this thing would rotate for eternity, due to conservation of impulse / energy. With the magnets, it will halt pretty soon. Magnets don’t create energy. They CAN convert it from electric energy to mechanical, and vice versa.
Can you use magnets to turn a turbine? Materials can be magnetized by coming into contact with an external magnetic field. This process can be accelerated by first heating and then cooling the material. Such materials are also referred to as hard magnets. Permanent magnets are often used in wind turbines.
Is free energy possible with magnets? Magnets don’t contain free energy. They contain internal energy. It can be removed as the magnetism is lost. With the magnetic field there is an electric field vector circling the magnet, but eddy currents waste the electric potential.
- Why don’t we generate electricity with magnets? – Additional Questions
- Can a magnetic generator power a house?
- Can you use magnets to make something spin?
- Can magnets spin a wheel?
- Do windmills use magnets?
- Is a magnetic motor possible?
- Can magnets power a light bulb?
- How long will a permanent magnet motor last?
- Is permanent magnet motor AC or DC?
- Why can’t magnets create perpetual motion?
- What is the strongest magnet in the world?
- Why are neodymium magnets illegal?
- Can a magnetic field deflect a bullet?
- How long does it take a magnet to lose its magnetism?
- At what temperature do magnets stop working?
- Can magnets stop being magnetic?
- What happens when we hit a magnet with a hammer?
- How can we destroy magnetism?