How do we achieve herd immunity against COVID-19?
To safely achieve herd immunity against COVID-19, a substantial proportion of a population would need to be vaccinated, lowering the overall amount of virus able to spread in the whole population.
What is the Covax initiative for the development of COVID-19 vaccine?
COVAX aims to accelerate the development and manufacturing of COVID-19 vaccines, and guarantee fair and equitable access for every country. COVAX is co-led by the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI), Gavi and WHO, with UNICEF as a key delivery partner and PAHO as the procurement agent in the Americas.
How old do you have to be to get the AstraZeneca vaccine?
The vaccine is not recommended for persons younger than 18 years of age pending the results of further studies.
- How do we achieve herd immunity against COVID-19?
- What is the Covax initiative for the development of COVID-19 vaccine?
- How old do you have to be to get the AstraZeneca vaccine?
- Can I get COVID-19 while swimming?
- Do smokers suffer from worse COVID-19 symptoms?
- Where was COVID-19 first discovered?
- Who are at higher risk of developing serious illness from COVID-19?
- When was COVID-19 first reported?
- How long does the virus that causes COVID-19 last on surfaces?
- What surfaces should be cleaned during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- How do I disinfect surfaces during the coronavirus disease pandemic?
- Can COVID-19 be transmitted through food?
- Can the coronavirus disease be transmitted through the consumption of cooked foods, including animal products?
- Are there precautions to take while eating in a restaurant during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Which types of settings does COVID-19 spread more easily?
- What areas, in non-healthcare settings, should be prioritized for disinfection during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- How does COVID-19 droplet transmission occur?
- Can masks prevent the transmission of COVID-19?
- What is the purpose of medical masks?
- What can I do to prevent COVID-19 during grocery shopping?