Is there a map of our universe?
The map of the universe was created by the Dark Energy Spectroscopic Instrument (DESI), managed by the U.S. Department of Energy’s Berkeley Lab at the University of California. DESI works by peering into space to measure the radiation given off by distant objects.
Where is our galaxy in the universe?
The Milky Way galaxy is found in a small group of galaxies (known as the Local Group) towards the edge of a relatively small supercluster which we call the Local Supercluster (or sometimes the Virgo Supercluster after the Virgo Cluster, the largest cluster of galaxies in it).
What is our address in the universe?
Our cosmic address would be: BBC Sky at Night Magazine, Eagle House, Bristol, BS1 4ST, United Kingdom, Planet Earth, Solar System, Oort Cloud, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Cavity, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea Supercluster, the Universe.
- Is there a map of our universe?
- Where is our galaxy in the universe?
- What is our address in the universe?
- How many Earths are in the universe?
- How big is the universe?
- What is the second line in cosmic address?
- What is our cosmic address from smallest to largest?
- Does the universe have a north and south?
- What galaxy cluster are we?
- What is bigger than a universe?
- Where is the Great Attractor?
- What is bigger than a galaxy?
- What’s the biggest object in the universe?
- Is the universe infinite?
- What is beyond the universe?
- Who created universe?
- What was there before the universe?
- Does space ever end?
- What does space smell like?
- How cold is space?