What animal is at the top of the food chain?
View Table of Contents
Do killer whales have a predator?
Do orcas have predators? Orcas are apex predators, which means they’re at the very top of the food chain and they have no predators. Killer whales are some of the largest and most powerful animals in the ocean, and no other predator is able to challenge them.
Is an orca a top consumer?
There may be more levels of consumers until eventually the top predator is reached. In the example above, phytoplankton are the primary producers, zooplankton are primary consumers, small fish are secondary consumers, porpoises are tertiary consumers and orca whales are quaternary consumers.
- What animal is at the top of the food chain?
- Do killer whales have a predator?
- Is an orca a top consumer?
- Is an orca A apex predator?
- Do orcas eat sharks?
- Is a whale a producer or consumer?
- What primary consumers do orcas eat?
- What are primary consumers?
- What is an example of a secondary consumer?
- What are 5 food chain examples?
- What are 5 secondary consumers?
- Which of the following is not a top carnivore?
- What are apex predators list?
- Is snake a top carnivore?
- Are all carnivores top predators?
- Who is the apex predator on earth?
- What animal has no predator?
- Are humans the apex predator of Earth?
- Are humans still evolving?
- What are humans designed to eat?