The best laptops for computer science majors will be durable enough to handle daily wear-and-tear while still being lightweight enough to carry around campus with ease.
- ASUS ROG Strix G15.
- Apple MacBook Pro.
- Dell Gaming G3 15 3500.
- ASUS VivoBook 15.
- Lenovo Yoga 6 Laptop.
- HP 15 Touchscreen Laptop.
- HP 2021 Flagship Envy x360.
What laptop specs do I need for computer science?
CICS Laptop Requirements
- Processor: Intel (or AMD equivalent) i5 or better processor, 7th generation or newer (Virtualization must be supported)
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080 or greater screen resolution.
- Storage: 500 GB or larger SSD.
- Memory: Minimum 8 GB of RAM (12GB -16GB RAM highly recommended)
- Webcam: Required.
Do you need a special laptop for computer science?
No. A laptop is not necessary for you to study computer science. You will get access to computer equipment in the schools library and labs. Having a laptop will make it more convenient but is not a requirement.
How much RAM do I need for computer science major?
|Memory||16GB||The ability to install more memory is desirable.|
|Disk||256 GB SSD||512 GB SSD or larger|
|Network||Internet access required. Wi-Fi required for on-campus classes.|
|USB||USB-A required for peripheral connectivity. USB-C to USB-A adapter if the laptop does not have any USB-A ports.|
1 more row
- What laptop specs do I need for computer science?
- Do you need a special laptop for computer science?
- How much RAM do I need for computer science major?
- Do you need a PC for computer science?
- How much RAM does C++ use?
- Is 8 GB RAM enough for CS students?
- Is 4GB of RAM enough computer science major?
- Is 12 GB RAM good for computer science?
- How much RAM do I need for computer science major Reddit?
- Is 8GB RAM enough for Python programming?
- Is 32gb RAM enough for programming?
- How much RAM does a student need?
- How do I choose a student laptop?
- Which laptop size is best for students?
- Is 16GB RAM enough for programming?
- How much RAM do I need for Python?
- Is 64 GB of RAM overkill?
- Which laptop is best for coding and programming?
- Do developers prefer Mac or PC?
- Which laptop is best for Python?