What is indigenous science in the Philippines?
Sunga. During the early times, Filipinos tried to invent tools that will help them in everyday life. They also developed alternative ideas in explaining various phenomena and in explaining the world around them. This system of knowledge is called indigenous knowledge , which is the foundation of indigenous science.
What is indigenous knowledge and indigenous science?
Indigenous science incorporates traditional knowledge and Indigenous perspectives, while non-Indigenous scientific approaches are commonly recognized as Western science. Together, they contribute substantially to modern science.
What are examples of indigenous sciences?
Indigenous scientists are trained in various specializations such as herbalism, weather observations, mental health, and time keeping, and there are tests to ensure IS validity.
- What is indigenous science in the Philippines?
- What is indigenous knowledge and indigenous science?
- What are examples of indigenous sciences?
- What is the meaning of indigenous knowledge?
- What is the role of indigenous science in science and technology?
- What is indigenous technology examples?
- What is the difference between modern science and indigenous science?
- What are the examples of traditional knowledge?
- What is the difference between indigenous science and indigenous technology?
- What is the importance of indigenous science and technology in the Philippines?
- What is the foundation of indigenous science?
- What are the advantages of indigenous technology?
- Why is it important to integrate indigenous knowledge technology?
- What are the characteristics of indigenous technology?
- What is the difference between indigenous and modern technology?
- How technology has been used to improve the well being of indigenous communities?
- How are the traditional and indigenous technologies used for sustainable development?
- How do you describe traditional technology?
- What is the importance of traditional technology?
- What is traditional technology in teaching and learning?