Probably the most famous of Greek dishes, moussaka consists of layers of fried aubergine, minced meat and potatoes, topped with a creamy béchamel sauce and then baked until golden brown.
What is Greece’s main dish?
By far the most prevalent answer to what Greece’s national dish is is the Moussaka. But quite a few will also name Fassolada, either as a contender or a close second!
What do Greeks eat for breakfast?
A typical Greek breakfast usually consists of a wide variety of bread, pastry, fruits, and Greek yogurt. These foods are high in nutritional value and a great source of energy — an excellent way to begin your Greek food adventures!
What is a typical Greek dinner?
A mainstay of any Greek meal is classic dips such as tzatziki (yogurt, cucumber and garlic), melitzanosalata (aubergine), and fava (creamy split pea purée). But the delectable taramasalata (fish roe dip) is a must.
- What is Greece’s main dish?
- What do Greeks eat for breakfast?
- What is a typical Greek dinner?
- What is Greece most known for?
- What is the main meat in Greece?
- What was the most popular food in ancient Greece?
- Why Greek food is the best?
- Are Greek food healthy?
- Is Greek food clean?
- Which is healthier Greek or Italian food?
- Do Greeks eat pasta?
- Do Greeks eat butter?
- What nationality food is the healthiest?
- Which country has the unhealthiest food?
- What is the unhealthiest food in the world?
- What country has the unhealthiest diet?
- What country has the healthiest people?
- Which country has the tastiest food?
- Which country eats the most fried food?
- What is the number 1 healthiest food in the world?