contraction. [ kən-trăk′shən ] The shortening and thickening of a muscle for the purpose of exerting force on or causing movement of a body part.
What is a contraction easy definition?
1 : the act, process, or result of making or becoming smaller or shorter and broader contraction of a muscle. 2 : a short form of a word or word group (as don’t or they’ve) produced by leaving out a letter or letters. contraction.
What is relaxation in biology?
relaxation – (physiology) the gradual lengthening of inactive muscle or muscle fibers. physiology – the branch of the biological sciences dealing with the functioning of organisms.
What is contraction and relaxation in biology?
Relaxation of a Muscle Fiber. Ca++ ions are pumped back into the SR, which causes the tropomyosin to reshield the binding sites on the actin strands. A muscle may also stop contracting when it runs out of ATP and becomes fatigued. The release of calcium ions initiates muscle contractions.
- What is a contraction easy definition?
- What is relaxation in biology?
- What is contraction and relaxation in biology?
- What is called relaxation?
- How does a muscle cell relax?
- Do relaxation techniques reduce stress?
- Who is the proponent of relaxation set method?
- How does a person with back pain perform deep relaxation technique yoga?
- When you meditate using a mantra or simple meditation What should the intention be?
- Does hypnosis work for sports?
- What is hypnotherapy used for?
- What is a hypnosis in psychology?
- How can you improve performance in sport?
- How can I be athletic at home?
- How do you become athletic?
- How can I do well in competition?
- What should I eat before an athletic competition?
- How do you become a competitive mindset?
- What should I do before an athletic competition?
- How do you mentally prepare for training?