An organism can change to adjust to its immediate habitat. For example, a plant growing at an increasing altitude could alter its metabolism or the sort of nutrients it requires to help it survive. Adaptation is also considered in a genetic sense.
What does adaptation mean in simple terms?
1 : the act or process of changing to better suit a situation. 2 : a body part or feature or a behavior that helps a living thing survive and function better in its environment.
What is a good sentence for adaptation?
Adaptation sentence example. Progress is the result of adaptation, rather than reconstruction. The short feet of the penguins are an adaptation. The flowers show well-marked adaptation to their color and attract insects.
What is meant by adaptation give two example?
When people speak about adaptation, they often mean a ‘feature’ (a trait) which helps an animal or plant survive. An example is the adaptation of horses’ teeth to grinding grass. Grass is their usual food; it wears the teeth down, but horses’ teeth continue to grow during life.
- What does adaptation mean in simple terms?
- What is a good sentence for adaptation?
- What is meant by adaptation give two example?
- What does adaptation mean in biology?
- What does adaptation mean in climate change?
- What does adaptations mean for animals?
- What is an adaptation in evolution?
- What are 3 adaptations of animals?
- Why is adaptation important?
- Why do adaptations occur?
- What are the types of adaptation?
- What is school adaptation?
- How are adaptations developed?
- What are some adaptations of humans?
- What features are adaptations?
- How do you identify adaptations?
- What are 3 ways it adapts to its environment?
- How do animals adapt to survive?
- What are the 2 main types of adaptations?
- What animal has adapted the most?