Is a shark a consumer or producer?
A shark is a tertiary consumer. An area has only a few top predators.
What eats a shark in a food web?
The documentaries often illustrate that sharks are apex predators (at the apex/top of the food chain), whereas really, these sharks are also opportunistic scavengers [2,3]. They are even preyed upon by the orca .
Are sharks always the top predator of the food chain?
Sharks are Apex Predators
Sharks are top or “apex” predators in the marine ecosystem. This is because they have very few natural predators. A cascade effect naturally occurs in a balanced, healthy ecosystem, whether it be marine or terrestrial.
- Is a shark a consumer or producer?
- What eats a shark in a food web?
- Are sharks always the top predator of the food chain?
- What animal is king of the sea?
- Who is the queen of the ocean?
- Which animal is queen of water?
- How big is queen of the ocean shark?
- Are tiger sharks at the top of the food chain?
- What is always at the end of a food chain?
- What would happen if sharks went extinct?
- Can sharks smell my period?
- Is Megalodon a shark or a dinosaur?
- Did Megalodon exist?
- Is Deep Blue still alive?
- Is megalodon still alive in 2022?
- What’s the biggest shark ever?
- Do sharks sleep?
- How did megalodon go extinct?
- How heavy is megalodon?
- How much is a megalodon tooth worth?