What are 3 effects of acid rain?
It has been shown that acid rain has detrimental effects on trees, freshwaters and soils, destroys insects and aquatic life-forms, causes paint to peel, corrosion of steel structures such as bridges, and weathering of stone buildings and sculptures, as well as impacts on human health.
Can acid rain harm animals?
Acid rain can cause serious problems for many different animals and plants. As a result, the entire food web is affected. For example, acid rain can cause phytoplankton in lakes to die. Insects, which rely on phytoplankton for food, now have less food to eat, and they begin to die as a result.
Can acid rain damage water?
Humans are affected when we breathe in air pollution, this can cause breathing problems, and even cancer. Drinking water which has been contaminated with acid rain can cause brain damage over time.
- What are 3 effects of acid rain?
- Can acid rain harm animals?
- Can acid rain damage water?
- Can acid rain burn your skin?
- Why can’t we drink rainwater?
- How does acid rain cause water pollution?
- How does acid rain affect the ocean?
- How does acid rain affect water and soil?
- Does acid rain increase pH of water?
- What pH is human blood?
- Can you drink rain water?
- Is milk an acid?
- Is milk good for heart burn?
- Is toothpaste an acid?
- What pH is cheese?
- What pH are carrots?
- What pH are grapes?
- What is the pH of chocolate?
- Is chocolate milk good for reflux?
- Is chocolate milk OK for reflux?