What is the science of lightning called?
The science of lightning is called fulminology.
Can scientists explain lightning?
A hypothesis explored by many scientists is that lightning is initiated when collisions between ice particles in thunderclouds ionize the air. The ice particles can separate enough electric charge to cause a large electric field and trigger a lightning strike.
What is the chemistry behind lightning?
Lightning discharges are a major source of nitrogen oxide gases called NOx. The two primary gases (NO and NO2) are formed during the lightning discharge when the air is heated to 30,000 degrees inside the lightning channel.
- What is the science of lightning called?
- Can scientists explain lightning?
- What is the chemistry behind lightning?
- Which gas is released during lightning?
- Is lightning chemical energy?
- What elements are lightning made of?
- Is lightning a chemical change?
- Is a lightning strike a chemical reaction?
- What element is lightning on the periodic table?
- What element can beat lightning?
- Is electricity fire or air?
- Which of the 4 elements is lightning?
- What is the strongest magic element?
- What element is opposite of lightning?
- What is earth weak to?
- What element can defeat water?
- What element is stronger than fire?
- Is Earth weak to fire?
- Is the earth yin or yang?
- What is the weakest element?