Does smog affect rain?
Summary: Urban and industrial air pollution can stifle rain and snowfall, a new study shows, because the pollution particles prevent cloud water from condensing into raindrops and snowflakes.
Does photochemical smog cause acid rain?
Emissions of nitrogen oxides have been a cause of concern because of their role as primary pollutants in photochemical smog and their contribution to acid wet and dry deposition.
What 3 gases cause acid rain?
Acid rain results when sulfur dioxide (SO2) and nitrogen oxides (NOX) are emitted into the atmosphere and transported by wind and air currents. The SO2 and NOX react with water, oxygen and other chemicals to form sulfuric and nitric acids. These then mix with water and other materials before falling to the ground.
- Does smog affect rain?
- Does photochemical smog cause acid rain?
- What 3 gases cause acid rain?
- How is smog harmful to living beings?
- Is CO2 responsible for acid rain?
- What are 5 causes of acid rain?
- Which is not responsible for acid rain?
- What type of pollutants are smog and acid rain?
- Does rain water contain carbon dioxide?
- Does no2 cause acid rain?
- Which of the following two gases are responsible for acid rain *?
- Does NOx create acid rain?
- What pH is acid rain?
- What pH level is milk?
- Is 9.5 pH water good?
- Can you drink rain water?
- Can you drink melted snow?
- Why can’t we drink sea water?
- Can you boil rain water?
- Can I drink river water?