Can a black hole eat our galaxy?
A single Black Hole, even one at the center of our Milky Way galaxy, is just too small to eat an entire galaxy.
What did the black hole swallow?
The black hole immediately swallows half the star’s matter while the rest arcs away in long streamers. These rapidly fall back and settle into an accretion disk that steadily feeds material into the black hole, growing so hot that it emits copious x-rays.
Can we stop a black hole?
According to Einstein’s theory, time and space, in a way, trade places inside the hole. Inside the black hole, the flow of time itself draws falling objects into the center of the black hole. No force in the universe can stop this fall, any more than we can stop the flow of time.
- Can a black hole eat our galaxy?
- What did the black hole swallow?
- Can we stop a black hole?
- Did a black hole eat a star?
- What object survived a black hole?
- Where do things swallowed by black holes go?
- Has anything been sent into a blackhole?
- What happens if a black hole swallows another black hole?
- What is the closest black hole to Earth?
- What if a coin sized black hole appeared on Earth?
- How many galaxies are there?
- Is the universe infinite?
- What is the oldest galaxy?
- What is beyond the universe?
- Does space ever end?
- How cold is space?
- What created the universe?
- Who created God?
- How will the universe end?
- How did space come from nothing?