Dead or dying trees are a common sight in areas effected by acid rain. Acid rain leaches aluminum from the soil. That aluminum may be harmful to plants as well as animals. Acid rain also removes minerals and nutrients from the soil that trees need to grow.
What are the causes and effects of acid rain?
Acid rain is caused by a chemical reaction that begins when compounds like sulfur dioxide and nitrogen oxides are released into the air. These substances can rise very high into the atmosphere, where they mix and react with water, oxygen, and other chemicals to form more acidic pollutants, known as acid rain.
What are 5 causes of acid rain?
- Combustion of coal and oil.
- Power plants and manufacturing industries.
- Automobiles and other vehicles.
- Volcanic eruptions: The main natural causal agent for acid rain is volcanic emissions.
What are 3 causes of acid rain?
Answer: Formation of mineral acids such as carbonic acid, nitric acid, nitrous acid, and Sulphuric acid and their mixture with rain is the main cause of acid rain.
- What are the causes and effects of acid rain?
- What are 5 causes of acid rain?
- What are 3 causes of acid rain?
- What are 10 causes of acid rain?
- How does acid rain affect water pollution?
- What are natural causes of acid rain?
- What are 3 ways to reduce acid rain?
- What are the 2 most common forms of acid deposition?
- What are 5 things that can be done to reduce acid rain?
- What are 3 interesting facts about acid rain?
- What are the major impacts of acid rain and how can we control it?
- What is acid rain essay?
- Where does acid rain occur?
- What is acid rain conclusion?
- Can acid rain burn your skin?
- Is acid rain still a problem?
- How does acid rain affect the environment and humans?
- Has acid rain killed anyone?
- How does acid rain affect plants and animals?
- How does acid rain affect the climate?