There are more than 40 different kinds of nutrients in food and they can generally be classified into the following 7 major groups:
- Dietary fibre.
What are the 6 types of food groups?
The 6 Major Food Groups
- Whole grains and starchy vegetables.
- Fruits and non-starchy vegetables.
- Dairy and non-dairy alternatives.
- Fish, poultry, meat, eggs and alternatives.
- Heart-healthy oils.
- Elective or Discretionary Calories.
What are the 3 types of food groups?
Making Nutrition Easy: The Three Food Groups
- Animal products.
- Processed plant fragments.
- Whole plants.
What are the 4 main food groups?
There are 4 main food groups to eat from every day to get the nutrients you need for your physical and mental health. These are vegetables and fruit, grain foods, milk and milk products, and protein foods.
- What are the 6 types of food groups?
- What are the 3 types of food groups?
- What are the 4 main food groups?
- What are the 5 classes of food?
- What are the main 5 food groups?
- What are the 4 food groups and what are their functions?
- Are there 4 or 5 food groups?
- Who created the 4 food groups?
- Why are the 5 food groups important?
- What are the 3 basic food groups and their function?
- How many types of food are there?
- How many classes of food do we have?
- What is food groups in science?
- What is basic food group?
- Which is the largest food group?
- What is a group of food called?
- Which food group is water in?
- What food group is milk in?
- What food group is eggs?
- What food group is onion in?