What is causing water pollution?
The main water pollutants include bacteria, viruses, parasites, fertilisers, pesticides, pharmaceutical products, nitrates, phosphates, plastics, faecal waste and even radioactive substances. These substances do not always change the colour of the water, meaning that they are often invisible pollutants.
What are the 10 causes of water pollution?
- 1- Sewage or wastewater: The waste from households, factories, or agricultural land gets discharged into rivers or lakes.
- 2- Dumping:
- 3- Oil pollution:
- 4- Acid rain:
- 5- Industrial waste:
- 1- Diseases:
- 2- Ruination of the ecosystem:
- 3- Eutrophication:
What are the 3 main types of water pollution?
Water pollutants can be divided into three major categories: (1) substances that harm humans or animals by causing disease or physical damage; (2) substances or situations that decrease the oxygen content of water, leading to anaerobic decay and the death of aquatic life; and (3) substances that are indirectly harmful,
- What is causing water pollution?
- What are the 10 causes of water pollution?
- What are the 3 main types of water pollution?
- What are the 5 sources of water pollution?
- What are 10 ways to reduce water pollution?
- What are the main causes and effects of water pollution?
- What are the 6 types of water pollution?
- What are the 10 solutions of water pollution?
- How do we control air pollution?
- What are 5 ways we can stop air pollution?
- What is water pollution short essay?
- What are the causes of water pollution in 50 words?
- What is water pollution in 150 words?
- What is water pollution for kids?
- When did water pollution start?
- How does water pollution affect animals?
- How many types of pollution are there?
- Where does pollution happen?
- How does pollution affect the earth?
- Why is pollution a problem?