Can I get COVID-19 twice?
Anyone can get COVID-19 more than once. But some people have more risk of reinfection. Unvaccinated people. Studies show unvaccinated people who’ve already had COVID-19 are more than twice as likely as fully vaccinated people to get reinfected.
What is the purpose of the COVID-19 surveillance study in care homes?
This is a major study testing blood samples and swabs obtained from healthcare workers who work in a clinical setting to see if infection with SARS-CoV-2 protects them from future episodes of infection. The study also assesses vaccine effectiveness and the effect of antibody protection against variants.
How to maintain our mental health during COVID-19?
1. Talk about your worries: it is normal to feel worried, scared or helpless about the current situation. Maintain contact with friends and family via phone and video calls to share how you are feeling.
2. Keep a regular routine and set goals: you may need to set a new routine for now. Try writing a plan for your day with the things you can still do at home, such as watching a film, reading a book or completing a puzzle. Setting goals and achieving them gives a sense of control and purpose. Maintaining good-quality sleep makes a big difference to how you feel mentally and physically too, so it’s important to get enough (the Every Mind Matters sleep page provides practical advice).
3. Manage your media and information intake: if 24-hour news and constant social media updates are making you worried, try to limit the time you spend watching, reading or listening to coverage of the outbreak to once or twice a day.
- Can I get COVID-19 twice?
- What is the purpose of the COVID-19 surveillance study in care homes?
- How to maintain our mental health during COVID-19?
- How can I cope with change and uncertainty during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- What can I do to cope with the effects of COVID-19 quarantine?
- How does Every Mind Matters program help people during COVID-19 pandemic?
- What can I do if I feel lonely during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- How do I stay active in and around the home during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- What is Every Mind Matters in the context of COVID-19 pandemic?
- Why is it helpful to focus on the present during the COVID-19 pandemic when you’re feeling anxious?
- What does the implementation of quarantine imply in the context of COVID-19?
- What is the purpose of social and physical distancing as defined by the World Health Organization?
- What are some social distancing methods to prevent the spread of COVID-19?
- What is social distancing?
- How should you maintain social distancing to prevent the spread of COVID-19 at home with possible infection?
- How can I protect myself and others when using disinfectants?
- Is it safe to live in the same house as someone with COVID-19?
- Can self-isolation take place between resident’s own home and care homes during COVID-19?
- Are care homes more likely to get COVID-19?
- How long does the virus that causes COVID-19 last on surfaces?