- Pesticides and mold. Carbon Monoxide and radon. Lead and asbestos.
- Congestion, sneezing, and runny nose. Respiratory infections such as sinusitis. Pneumonia and decreased lung function such as bronchitis.
- Carbon monoxide. Household cleaning chemicals. Cooking appliances.
- Lead. Pet dander.
Why indoor air pollution is of more concern than outdoor?
Indoor air pollution is the degradation of indoor air quality by harmful chemicals and other materials; it can be up to 10 times worse than outdoor air pollution. This is because contained areas enable potential pollutants to build up more than open spaces.
Is indoor air more polluted than outdoor?
In the last several years, a growing body of scientific evidence has indicated that the air within homes and other buildings can be more seriously polluted than the outdoor air in even the largest and most industrialized cities. Other research indicates that people spend approximately 90 percent of their time indoors.
What are the causes of indoor and outdoor air pollution?
- Fuel-burning combustion appliances.
- Tobacco products.
- Building materials and furnishings as diverse as:
- Products for household cleaning and maintenance, personal care, or hobbies.
- Central heating and cooling systems and humidification devices.
- Excess moisture.
- Outdoor sources such as:
- Why indoor air pollution is of more concern than outdoor?
- Is indoor air more polluted than outdoor?
- What are the causes of indoor and outdoor air pollution?
- What is outdoor air pollution in simple words?
- What is indoor air pollution examples?
- What causes air pollution outside?
- What are the three main causes of indoor air pollution?
- What are the 4 major indoor air pollutants?
- What are main causes of air pollution?
- What is the biggest air pollutant?
- What pollutes the world the most?
- What is the biggest source of air pollution?
- How can indoor air pollution be eliminated or reduced?
- What are the 4 types of air pollution?
- How we can reduce air pollution?
- What are the types of pollution?
- What are the effects air pollution?
- What are the effects of pollution?
- When did air pollution become an issue?
- Why is pollution a problem?