What are the 5 major air pollutants?
- Particulate matter (PM10 and PM2.
- Ozone (O3)
- Nitrogen dioxide (NO2)
- Carbon monoxide (CO)
- Sulphur dioxide (SO2)
What is the most harmful pollutant?
NO2 is the most harmful of these compounds and is generated from the combustion of fuel engines and industry. It can damage the human heart and lungs and it reduces atmospheric visibility at high concentrations. Finally, it is a critical precursor to the formation of ground-level ozone.
What is the most common source of air pollution?
Most human-made air pollution comes from burning fossil fuels for transportation, electricity, and industry. Common pollutants produced by engines that burn fossil fuels are carbon dioxide, nitrogen oxides, sulfur dioxide, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), and particulates.
- What are the 5 major air pollutants?
- What is the most harmful pollutant?
- What is the most common source of air pollution?
- What are the 7 major air pollutants?
- What are 5 air pollutants and their sources?
- What are the 6 main types of air pollution?
- What are the 7 types of air pollution?
- Which gas is responsible for air pollution?
- What are the 4 major indoor air pollutants?
- Who died from air pollution?
- Where is air pollution the worst?
- What air pollution does to the body?
- What are 10 diseases caused by polluted air?
- Can air quality make you sick?
- Who is most affected by air pollution?
- What are five effects of air pollution on humans?
- What health issues can pollutants cause?
- What causes the most pollution?
- What are 10 ways to reduce air pollution?
- How can air pollution be stopped?