Should I leave my Christmas lights up all year? There’s no reason why you can’t keep your outdoor Christmas lights in place around the year, but you need to be aware of two issues: You must ensure that the Christmas lights that you buy for use outdoors are waterproof and have not been damaged while being put in place.
Can I leave my Christmas lights on all the time? It’s okay to leave outdoor Christmas lights on all night. However, using a timer to turn them off late at night saves energy. LED Christmas lights are safer to leave on than traditional lights because they produce much less heat. Leaving outdoor Christmas lights on all night usually does not pose any safety issue.
How long can I leave my Christmas lights up? You can take them down anytime after New Year’s Day, but before January 6th—that’s Three Kings Day and the last of the 12 days of Christmas. Even if your lights celebrate a different faith this holiday season, the Black-Friday-to-Three-Kings-Day window is still a great guideline.
When should you take Christmas lights down? For many around the world, January 5 or 6 marks the Epiphany ‒ the final day of the 12 days of Christmas and the time for all holiday decorations to come down. For others, the second week of January is a typical time for the holiday lights to be unplugged and stored away until next year.
- Should I leave my Christmas lights up all year? – Additional Questions
- When should Christmas decorations come down 2022?
- What day are you supposed to take down Christmas decorations?
- Is it bad luck to take Xmas tree down early?
- What is the last day of Christmas called?
- Are you supposed to take your Christmas tree down before New Years?
- When should I take my Christmas tree down 2022 Ireland?
- Why is it unlucky to take Christmas decorations down early?
- What is the traditional day to put up a Christmas tree?
- Do Christmas decorations come down on 6th January?
- Why do you leave your Christmas tree up until January 6th?
- When should a Catholic take down Christmas decorations?
- When Should decorations be taken down?
- What date is the 12th night after Christmas Day?
- What is the significance of the 12th night?
- Can you keep Christmas decorations up until Candlemas?
- Why do some people still have their Christmas tree up?
- Can you leave Christmas decorations up after 12th night?