How transmissible is the Omicron COVID-19 variant?
Omicron is highly transmissible compared to Delta, Garcia noted. “The viral load is much higher in Omicron, which means that someone infected with the Omicron variant is more infectious than someone infected with the Delta variant.
What are the most common symptoms of the Omicron BA.5 variant?
The most common symptoms include fever, runny nose, coughing, sore throat, headache, muscle pain and fatigue.
How many days are you contagious with COVID-19?
Those who do get infected with mild-to-moderate COVID-19 will likely remain infectious no longer than 10 days after symptoms begin. Individuals with severe-to-critical illness stemming from a COVID infection likely aren’t infectious 20 days after symptoms first began.
- How transmissible is the Omicron COVID-19 variant?
- What are the most common symptoms of the Omicron BA.5 variant?
- How many days are you contagious with COVID-19?
- Is COVID-19 contagious after 5 days?
- How long should I stay in home isolation if I test positive for COVID-19?
- How fast does the Omicron COVID-19 variant spread?
- How long do lingering symptoms last after COVID-19?
- Does the COVID-19 virus live for long on clothing?
- Can I pass COVID-19 to someone else if I’ve been vaccinated?
- Could the COVID-19 vaccine protect me from spreading COVID-19?
- How safe are vaccinated people around unvaccinated people?
- Do I need to wear a mask and avoid close contact with others if I am vaccinated against COVID-19?
- Should I continue wearing a mask even after COVID-19 vaccinations?
- How effective is the new COVID-19 Omicron booster?
- Should I wear a mask if I am caring for someone with COVID-19?
- What are some recommendations for COVID-19 patients’ caregivers?
- How can you best isolate yourself at home if you or somebody you live with has COVID-19?
- How can I help care for a friend or family member with the coronavirus disease at home?
- Does vitamin D affect COVID-19?
- Which type of soap can help remove COVID-19?