The pattern and timing of the steps in the process are otherwise normal. For the majority of children with this condition, there’s no underlying medical problem and no identifiable reason for the early puberty.
What are the likely causes of precocious puberty?
What causes precocious puberty? It may be caused by tumors or growths on the ovaries, adrenal glands, pituitary gland, or brain. Other causes may include central nervous system problems, family history of the disease, or certain rare genetic syndromes. In many cases, no cause can be found for the disorder.
How often does precocious puberty happen?
According to the National Institutes of Health, puberty usually begins in girls between 8 and 13 years of age, and in boys between 9 and 14 years of age. Puberty is considered to be early in boys before age 8 and girls before 9 years old. This is sometimes called “precocious puberty.”
Can precocious puberty be stopped?
Can precocious puberty be prevented? Most cases of early puberty cannot be prevented. Limiting your child’s exposure to reproductive hormones from outside sources may prevent precocious puberty. These sources may include estrogen or testosterone creams, lotions, or other medications.
- What are the likely causes of precocious puberty?
- How often does precocious puberty happen?
- Can precocious puberty be stopped?
- Why is my daughter developing so early?
- What happens if you dont treat precocious puberty?
- Can you reverse early puberty?
- How can I slow down my daughters puberty?
- What age can kids start puberty blockers?
- What foods prevent early puberty?
- Is 10 too early to start period?
- Can too much sugar cause early puberty?
- What are the long term effects of precocious puberty?
- Does precocious puberty affect brain development?
- Does precocious puberty affect fertility?
- What is one advantage for girls who go through puberty early?
- Does milk cause early puberty?
- Is it better to have puberty early or late?
- Does stress cause early puberty?
- What are the consequences of early puberty?
- Can early puberty cause anxiety?