What’s the biggest volcano in the solar system?
The volcano has a height of over 21.9 km (13.6 mi or 72,000 ft) as measured by the Mars Orbiter Laser Altimeter (MOLA). Olympus Mons is about two and a half times Mount Everest’s height above sea level. It is the largest and highest known mountain and volcano of the Solar System, in competition only with Tamu Massif.
What is the biggest volcano bigger than?
The volume contained by Olympus Mons is about a hundred times that of Mauna Loa, and the Hawaiian island chain that houses the Earthly volcano could fit inside its Martian counterpart. Olympus Mons rises three times higher than Earth’s highest mountain, Mount Everest, whose peak is 5.5 miles above sea level.
What is the 3 biggest volcano in the world?
|Volcano, location||Height in meters|
|Mauna Loa (Hawaii, United States)||9,170|
|Mount Kilimanjaro (Tanzania)*||5,895|
|Popocatépetl Volcano (Mexico)||5,426|
|Mount Fuji (Tokyo, Japan)||3,776|
- What’s the biggest volcano in the solar system?
- What is the biggest volcano bigger than?
- What is the 3 biggest volcano in the world?
- Is Mt Everest a volcano?
- What is the longest erupting volcano?
- What is the biggest volcano in the world 2022?
- What is the most active volcano in 2022?
- Is Yellowstone the biggest volcano?
- How hot is lava?
- Can lava melt diamonds?
- Can lava melt your bones?
- What doesn’t melt in lava?
- Are there diamonds in lava?
- Is there gold in lava?
- Can u melt a diamond?
- Can the sun burn a diamond?
- What’s the hardest thing to melt?
- What is harder than diamond?
- What can break a diamond?
- What’s the strongest thing on earth?