What will happen if the universe stop expanding?
If gravity overpowers expansion, the cosmos will collapse in a Big Crunch. If the universe continues to expand indefinitely, as expected, we’ll face a Big Freeze. But if dark energy pushes the expansion rate to near infinity, we’ll have a Big Rip that tears everything, even atoms, apart.
Will time ever run out?
Bousso and co have crunched the numbers. “Time is unlikely to end in our lifetime, but there is a 50% chance that time will end within the next 3.7 billion years,” they say. That’s not so long! It means that the end of the time is likely to happen within the lifetime of the Earth and the Sun.
Can the universe be reborn?
The universe could bounce through its own demise and emerge unscathed. A new “big bounce” model shows how the universe could shrink to a point and grow again, using just the cosmic ingredients we know about now.
- What will happen if the universe stop expanding?
- Will time ever run out?
- Can the universe be reborn?
- Will the universe freeze?
- Will the Big Rip happen?
- What if the universe is static?
- Why is the universe expanding?
- How long will the universe exist?
- Is the universe infinite?
- How many universes are there?
- Do Multiverses exist?
- Are we living in a multiverse?
- What is the 11th dimension?
- What is 100th dimension?
- What is the 26th dimension?
- Are there infinite dimensions?
- Are there parallel universes?
- What is the 1st dimension?
- Is the universe eternal?
- Who created God?