What is the most common cause of delayed puberty?
The most common cause of delayed puberty is a functional delay in production of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) from the hypothalamic neuronal networks that synergize to initiate the episodic or pulsatile release of the GnRH.
Do swimmers get their periods late?
Age of menarche (M) was significantly (P < 0.005) delayed among swimmers (13.8 +/- 0.2 yr) compared to controls (13.0 +/- 0.1 yr). Eighty-two percent of swimmers had menstrual irregularities after M compared to 40% of control, with longer duration of these irregularities (16 vs. 4 months; P < 0.005).
Do sports delay puberty?
Athletes that practice esthetic sports, especially gymnasts, are predisposed to a delay in pubertal development. The growing evidence indicates that energy deficiency, not a systemic training per se, plays a crucial role in the pathogenesis of functional hypothalamic hypogonadism in female athletes.
- What is the most common cause of delayed puberty?
- Do swimmers get their periods late?
- Do sports delay puberty?
- What is the latest age to hit puberty?
- What age is considered late puberty?
- Do you run faster after puberty?
- Are late bloomers taller?
- Does late puberty affect height?
- Is it possible not to hit puberty?
- What are the 5 stages of puberty?
- What can trigger puberty?
- How can I make puberty go faster?
- How do I know if I have finished puberty?
- At what age do boys start liking girls?
- Why does my 4 year old have pubic hair?
- Does pubic hair mean start of puberty?
- Why is my daughter developing so early?
- What are the first signs of puberty in a girl?
- Will early puberty affect height?
- What foods prevent early puberty?