Ecosystem services are the multitude of benefits that nature provides to society. Biodiversity is the diversity among living organisms, which is essential to ecosystems function and services delivery.
Does biodiversity increase ecosystem services?
The scientific literature concurs that as biological diversity increases so do ecosystem functions and services in grasslands. While the evidence for this is strong, the majority comes from controlled small-scale biodiversity-ecosystem functioning (BEF) experiments.
Is biodiversity a supporting service?
Providing living spaces for plants or animals and maintaining a diversity of plants and animals, are ‘supporting services’ and the basis of all ecosystems and their services.
- What is biodiversity and how is it related to ecosystem services?
- Does biodiversity increase ecosystem services?
- Is biodiversity a supporting service?
- What are 5 examples of ecosystem services?
- Why is biodiversity important?
- Why is ecosystem services important?
- What are the threats to biodiversity?
- What are the consequences of biodiversity loss?
- What factors influence biodiversity?
- How can we protect biodiversity?
- Why is it so important to protect biodiversity?
- Why should we save biodiversity?
- Why effective biodiversity management is important?
- What are 5 reasons why biodiversity is important?
- What is biodiversity advantages and disadvantages?
- Why is biodiversity important essay?
- How does biodiversity increase stability in an ecosystem?
- What is biodiversity in your own words?
- How does biodiversity contribute to the economy?
- What are three economic benefits of biodiversity?