The recent increase in greenhouse gas pollution is trapping excess heat and causing the climate to warm. Air pollution includes greenhouse gases such as carbon dioxide. Greenhouse gases cause the climate to warm by trapping heat from the Sun in the Earth’s atmosphere.
What air pollutants cause global warming?
Global warming is primarily caused by emissions of too much carbon dioxide (CO2) and other heat-trapping gases into the atmosphere when we burn fossil fuels to generate electricity, drive our cars, and power our lives.
What is the effect of air pollution?
Long-term health effects from air pollution include heart disease, lung cancer, and respiratory diseases such as emphysema. Air pollution can also cause long-term damage to people’s nerves, brain, kidneys, liver, and other organs. Some scientists suspect air pollutants cause birth defects.
What are the 5 effects of air pollution?
- Respiratory and Heart Problems. The effects of air pollution are alarming.
- Child Health Problems. Air pollution is detrimental to your health even before you take your first breath.
- Global Warming.
- Acid Rain.
- Effect on Wildlife.
- Depletion of the Ozone Layer.
- What air pollutants cause global warming?
- What is the effect of air pollution?
- What are the 5 effects of air pollution?
- What are the pollutants of air?
- Is carbon dioxide an air pollutant?
- Does plastic pollution cause global warming?
- What are the 10 causes of climate change?
- Who is responsible for global warming?
- When did global warming start?
- What’s the biggest contributor to global warming?
- What are the 5 main causes of global warming?
- What are 3 natural causes of global warming?
- What produces the most pollution?
- Who is the biggest polluter in the world?
- Who is the biggest polluter of the Earth’s environment?
- What pollutes the world the most?
- Which country is the cleanest?
- Which country has least pollution?
- Which country has worst pollution?
- What is dirtiest city in the world?