How do lichens indicate levels of air pollution?
Air pollutants dissolved in rainwater, especially sulphur dioxide, can damage lichens and prevent them from growing. This makes lichens natural indicators of air pollution.
What are lichen good indicators of?
Lichens are well known as sensitive indicators of air pollution, particularly for sulfur dioxide. In part, this is related to their unique biology.
Why are lichens considered pollution indicators Class 11?
Lichens are called very good pollution indicators because these species are susceptible to certain pollutants. Hence, they do not grow in polluted areas and are found growing well only in non-polluted areas. Therefore, Lichens are the indicators of pollutants or pollution.
- How do lichens indicate levels of air pollution?
- What are lichen good indicators of?
- Why are lichens considered pollution indicators Class 11?
- Which is the best indicator of air pollution?
- Why are lichens a good pioneer species?
- What are bio indicators used for?
- Why are lichens important Bioindicators?
- What role do lichens play in weathering?
- Why is lichen important to the environment?
- What is special about lichen?
- How do lichens work?
- What is lichen short answer?
- Who invented lichen?
- Is lichen an air plant?
- Does lichen purify air?
- Does lichen need clean air?
- Do lichens release oxygen?
- Does lichen absorb co2?
- Which group of lichens are most tolerant to air pollution?
- Are lichens toxic?