How are the different kinds of electromagnetic radiation described quizlet? electromagnetic radiation is classified by wavelength into radio wave, microwave, terahertz (or sub-millimeter) radiation, infrared, the visible region that is perceived as light, ultraviolet, X-rays and gamma rays. The behavior of EM radiation depends on its wavelength. You just studied 29 terms!
How are electromagnetic waves described? Definition: Electromagnetic waves or EM waves are waves that are created as a result of vibrations between an electric field and a magnetic field. In other words, EM waves are composed of oscillating magnetic and electric fields.
What are three different types of electromagnetic radiation?
- Infrared radiation.
- Microwaves radiations.
- Ultraviolet radiations.
- Gamma rays.
What are the different kinds of radiation effects? Exposure to very high levels of radiation, such as being close to an atomic blast, can cause acute health effects such as skin burns and acute radiation syndrome (“radiation sickness”). It can also result in long-term health effects such as cancer and cardiovascular disease.
- How are the different kinds of electromagnetic radiation described quizlet? – Additional Questions
- How are different types of radiation arranged along electromagnetic spectrum?
- What is the most common type of electromagnetic radiation?
- Which radiation is a type of electromagnetic radiation?
- What are the 7 types of radiation in order?
- How many types of electromagnetic waves are there?
- What are the different forms of electromagnetic waves essay?
- Which is the same among all the different kinds of electromagnetic waves?
- How are the different types of electromagnetic radiation similar How do they differ?
- What makes the electromagnetic waves different from each other?
- How are all electromagnetic waves alike How are they different?
- Which characteristics is common in all electromagnetic waves?