What is Syria’s main export?
Exports The top exports of Syria are Pure Olive Oil ($122M), Spice Seeds ($70.5M), Barley ($56.8M), Other Nuts ($44.5M), and Tomatoes ($32M), exporting mostly to Turkey ($236M), Saudi Arabia ($194M), Lebanon ($99.2M), Egypt ($68.6M), and United Arab Emirates ($46.4M).
Is Syria rich in oil?
Syria is the only significant crude oil producing country in the Eastern Mediterranean region, which includes Jordan, Lebanon, Israel and the Palestinian territories. According to the Oil and Gas Journal, Syria had 2,500,000,000 barrels (400,000,000 m3) of petroleum reserves as of 1 January 2010.
What does Syria produce the most?
Cotton is the largest and most reliable export crop. Lentils are a major domestic food, but they also are exported. Other fruits and vegetables include tomatoes, potatoes, melons, and onions. Olives, grapes, and apples are grown at high altitudes, while citrus fruits are cultivated along the coast.
- What is Syria’s main export?
- Is Syria rich in oil?
- What does Syria produce the most?
- What Syria is famous for?
- Why is Syria so poor?
- What is grown in Syria?
- What type of economy is Syria?
- What fruits grow in Syria?
- Does Syria grow produce?
- Is Syria self sufficient in food?
- Do bananas grow in Syria?
- Why is Syria food insecure?
- Why are there refugees in Syria?
- How is the education system in Syria?
- Is Syria in a drought?
- Was Syria a rich country before the war?
- Does Syria have clean water?
- Is Damascus polluted?
- Is college free in Syria?
- Where does Damascus get its water from?