Do you need special light bulbs for dimmer switches?
A dimmer switch can only support LEDs, CFLs and other lights that are made up of advanced technology and have a dimming feature.
Can you get Dimmable energy saving bulbs?
Dimmers present a challenge to ordinary low energy (compact fluorescent) lamps. There are two options here – to buy dimmable CFLs or some LEDs are now dimmable – though these tend to be quite expensive. The other option is to replace dimmer switches with conventional ones.
Is it safe to use non-dimmable bulbs with a dimmer switch?
Dimming LED lamps can save energy and changes the visual appearance and mood of your space. You can use a dimmable LED lamp in a non-dimmable circuit. You should NOT use a non-dimmable lamp in a dimmable circuit as it may cause damage to the lamp and or circuit.
- Do you need special light bulbs for dimmer switches?
- Can you get Dimmable energy saving bulbs?
- Is it safe to use non-dimmable bulbs with a dimmer switch?
- What can go wrong with a dimmer switch?
- What light bulbs work with dimmer switches?
- How do I know if my bulbs are dimmable?
- What happens if you put a dimmable bulb in a non dimmable socket?
- Can all LED bulbs be dimmed?
- Why are my LED lights flickering on a dimmer switch?
- Can I use my old dimmer switch with LED bulbs?
- Do dimmed LED use less electricity?
- How do I make my LED lights less bright?
- How do I stop my LED lights from glowing?
- What are the best dimmable LED lights?
- Why are some LED lights brighter than others?
- How do you dim LED lights without a dimmer?
- Can I put a 100 watt bulb in a 60 watt socket?
- Why are my new LED lights not bright?
- How do I know if my LED lights are dimmable?
- Why are my dimmable lights not dimming?